For the international bestseller, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, what more do I write? In a simple yet profound way it has inspired millions of people to dream and build up the courage to follow the dreams.
I have read The Alchemist couple of times and every time I pick this up, I do wonder, is it an Omen? What is it that I need to understand and interpret this time?
One of my all time favourites that the Alchemist is, and that perhaps it has something for every one, just thought of picking up some of the quotes and excerpts, which motivate me, which I have experienced, which I believe in and can relate to, and which I don’t mind getting reminded again and again
From Part 1
- But when he thought to complain about the burden of its weight, he remembered that, because he had the jacket he withstood the cold of the dawn.
- It’s this : that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our life become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.
- There was nothing to hold him back except himself.
- In order to find the treasure, you will have to follow the omens. God has prepared path for everyone to follow. You just have to read the omens that he left for you
- I’m like everyone else – I see the world in terms of what I would like to see happen, not what actually does.
- This wasn’t a strange place; it was a new one.
- There there must be a language that doesn’t depend on words.. if I can learn to understand this language without words, I can learn to understand the world
- It’s called the principle of favorability, beginner’s luck. Because life wants you to achieve your destiny
- I don’t want to change anything because I don’t know how to deal with the change. I am used to the way I am.
- But he was no longer happy with his decision. He had worked for an entire year to make a dream come true, and that dream, minute by minute, was becoming less important. Maybe because that wasn’t really his dream.
- Creatures like the sheep, that are used to travelling, know about moving on.
- No matter how many detours and adjustments it made, the caravan moved toward the same compass point. Once the obstacles were overcome, it returned to its course.
- Alchemy could be learned in one’s daily life
- If you can concentrate always on the present, you will be a happy man
- Maybe God created the desert so that man could appreciate the date trees
- “It’s not what enters men’s mouth that’s evil,” said The Alchemist. “It’s what comes out of their mouths that is.”
- Love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny.
- Listen to your heart. It knows all things because it came from the Soul of the World and it will one day return there.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve : the fear of failure.
- That’s what alchemists do. They show that, when we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.
- The boy reached through to the Soul of the World, and saw that it was a part of the Soul of God. And he saw that the Soul of God was his own soul. And that he, a boy, could perform miracles.
- Now he knew where his treasure was.
When you want something,All the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.