Words carry power. Good words can work wonders while a small goof up with words can prove to be destructive. Positive words can keep the negative energy and emotions at a bay. Needless to state, good words can give a great kick-start to the day.
So I decided to follow (consistently) this age-old, tried and tested method of charging up myself with positive energy every morning. It has a become a daily routine now (for weekdays at least) to mine through the dearth of quotes and messages from achievers, dreamers, leaders, or in short from people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and experiences.
As they say, sharing is caring, I have started tweeting the messages that I pick for the day or for the occasion.Of the ones I shared in the month last month, here are my top-ten which have inspired me to chase my dreams and achieve my goals
- If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it – Unknown
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment – Oprah Winfrey
- No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined – Fosdick
- Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Saint Francis
- If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will see results – Jack Dixon
- The things I’ve done in my life have required a lot of years of work before they took off. -Steve Jobs
- The things that you take for granted, someone else may be praying for. Be Thankful. – Unknown
- Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction – Unknown
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. – T.S. Eliot
- What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create. – Buddha
I read something today which made me ponder for a while and reflect on how I have been with goals so far. The journey is on and I have a long way to go. These messages are keeping me motivated. I am thankful to all those people who have said these beautiful and inspiring words.
In the grand scheme of things, this may seem insignificant, still a small step towards making the grand design grander.